Established in 1957, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore (CPAS) aims to empower children and adults with cerebral palsy and multiple disabilities to realise their full potential and to lead a life of dignity. CPAS provides fully integrated programmes and services including early intervention and special education for children and youths and rehabilitation services, day activity centre programmes, vocational training and gainful employment, all at the highest standards of passion, integrity, care and excellence. Dedicated to creating an awareness of cerebral palsy, CPAS also advocates for equal opportunities for all persons.
- Assess, identify and implement Therapy Programs for students, infants, children and
adults with special needs which include cognitive and functional rehabilitation.
- Evaluate, document client’s occupational therapy needs; monitor and evaluate their
progress against outcome management tools
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to provide holistic treatment for all clients with cerebral palsy condition
- Supervise and train school teachers/teacher assistants, therapy assistants, caregiver and volunteers
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from a recognised university
- 2 years of experience in paediatric for the physically and cognitively challenged
Salary will commensurate with experience.
Workshop Instructor Aide
- Assist Workshop Instructor (WI) in basic hygiene/sanitary care duties and looking after trainees
- Report to the WI on all matters concerning the welfare, safety, and security of trainees
- Assist in the supervision of trainees, ensuring the general welfare of the trainees
- Assist trainees to board and disembark from vans
- Supervise the daily food preparation (for breaks and lunch) for trainees
- Supervise the trainees in their work, such as distribution of workload, giving them training/guidance and assisting them in their work
- Ensure that sheltered workshop rules pertaining to personal safety, work hazards and prescribed training procedures are adhered to by staff and trainees
- Carry out proper and regular housekeeping of work site and facilities; perform regular equipment maintenance duties, and ensure cleanliness and tidiness of work and storage areas
- Work as a team and participate positively and actively in the quality service delivery in line with the mission, goals and objectives of the Association
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the GROW Executive and Manager
- Must be physically fit
- Must be able to converse in simple English
- Have a compassionate and patient personality
- Experience in working with persons with special needs is an added advantage
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector.
Teacher Aide (April 2019 – Mar 2021)
The role of a Teacher Aide is to support the teacher in the classroom to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioural objectives for the students.
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioural objectives.
- Work with class students as assigned relief teacher in the absence of the class teacher.
- Lift, move, and operate adaptive equipment.
- Assist students with personal care tasks, including lavatory, clothing, hygiene, diapering, toileting, and wash-up routines.
- Assist students with mobility needs such as, lifting and positioning students, lifting in and out of wheelchairs; loading and unloading on the bus; transporting students in and around the school and on field trips.
- Monitor students so as to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
- Assist students during snack time.
- Perform work-related assignment as required, such as events, CCAs, and PLTs, etc.
- At least 3 GCE “O” level passes.
- A Certificate In Educational Studies is preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- A Heart to serve in the special needs sector.
- Assess and identify individual needs of clients, formulate/develop and implement appropriate individualised physiotherapy programmes.
- Evaluate and document clients’ physiotherapy needs and progress at regular intervals, monitor training programmes and review its effectiveness.
- Train and supervise Physiotherapy Aides, caregivers and volunteers in the maintenance of physiotherapy programmes.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team in integrating the clients into the community.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Paediatric Rehabilitation to provide Early Intervention Program therapy services
- Obtained Full or Restricted Registration and a valid Practicing License with the Singapore Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
- Member of Singapore Physiotherapy Association
Software Administrator (2 years Contract)
- All stages of Software Development Life Cycle of integrated solutions/systems, maintenance and implementation activities for the business applications, either existing or new, undertaken by the IT Dept or external contractors.
- Functional and technical support of the application systems, do configuration for the application system, enhancement to meet our organisation specific business requirement, assist and train the user to understand system and utilize the application system.
- Document business flows, functional specifications, user guides and recovery procedure.
- Involvement in the system integration testing phase prior to implementation.
- Test and verify the system, monitor the system to provide high availability and stability and assist the manager in system capacity plan.
- Liaise closely with vendors in project implementation, application testing, supporting application patches and upgrades in accordance with project methodologies and policies.
- Primary application maintenance support.
- Special Skills In
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Cloud Solutions and Mobile Applications (Ios, Android and etc.)
- System interfaces/integration methodologies like APIs (REST and API libraries)
- MS Windows environment application
- Minimum Computer Science, or similar discipline
- At least 2 years of experience
- Candidate must be a good team-player and experience in working with Senior Management Staff will be an added advantage
- Candidate must possess a positive attitude pleasant disposition and good analytical skill
- Applicate should be diligent and a fast learner, able to work independently with clear and minimal instructions and have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines set
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector
Finance Assistant (Temp)
- Full Accounts Payable Spectrum
- Daily suppliers’ Invoice posting
- Issue suppliers’ cheque and Telegraphy Transfer
- Giro and bank payment posting
- Daily petty cash posting
- Petty cash reimbursement
- Label envelope for postage
- Fixed Assets & Depreciation schedule
- Check, account coding and assign Purchase Order number
- Print GL for Interco Reconciliation
- Update all events’ income and Expenditure reporting required by Finance Manager
- Stationery purchase for Finance department
- Arrange and co-ordinate for Finance / HQ dispatch
- ITE Higher Nitec in Accounting / Diploma
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of working experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and accounting software MYOB
- Independent, Highly organized and motivated
- Proactive, resourceful with eye for details and accuracy
- Meticulous and possess strong analytical skills
- Good team player with positive attitude and good communication skills
Interested applicants please email details resume to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified on the outcome of his/her job application.
Part of the