Established in 1957, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore (CPAS) aims to empower children and adults with cerebral palsy and multiple disabilities to realise their full potential and to lead a life of dignity. CPAS provides fully integrated programmes and services including early intervention and special education for children and youths and rehabilitation services, day activity centre programmes, vocational training and gainful employment, all at the highest standards of passion, integrity, care and excellence. Dedicated to creating an awareness of cerebral palsy, CPAS also advocates for equal opportunities for all persons.
We invite aspiring and talented individuals to join us as:
Teacher Aide (Jan 2019 – Mar 2020)
The role of a Teacher Aide is to support the teacher in the classroom to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioral objectives for the students.
Learning and Development
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioural objectives
- Work with class students as assigned relief teacher in the absence of the class teacher
- Lift, move, and operate adaptive equipment
- Assist students with personal care tasks, including lavatory, clothing, hygiene, diapering, toileting, and wash-up routines
- Assist students with mobility needs such as, lifting and positioning students, lifting in and out of wheelchairs; loading and unloading on the bus; transporting students in and around the school and on field trips
- Monitor students so as to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
- Assist students during snack time
- Perform work-related assignment as required, such as events, CCAs, and PLTs, etc.
- At least 3 GCE “O” level passes
- A Certificate In Educational Studies is preferred
- Possess basic computer skills.
Interested applicants please email details resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified on the outcome of his/her job application.
Part of the