Performing Arts CCA
Through the Performing Arts CCA, students are introduced to various instruments like the xylophone, drums, cymbals, shakers etc.
Under the guidance of an instructor they use instruments to play various pieces of music.
Through active participation, students are enriched in the social, academic, intellectual, cultural, democratic, civic and aesthetic domains.
1. Enhance students’ experience and understanding in music and dance beyond students’ and parents’ expectations
2. Equip students with a holistic growth as well as to develop the various facets of the individual student’s personality
3. Realise the hidden potential of the students’ performance in music & dance
1. Be able to listen, understand, follow, and carry out instructions
2. Follow rhythm tempo of music beats, follow dance steps and participate in singing
3. Cooperate with others around him/her to perform together using musical instruments
4. Decipher left from right and not exhibit challenging behavior (e.g. disturbing others, refusal to follow instructions, disrupting lessons, etc)
5. Maintain regular attendance (75% attendance)
Achievements in 2017
Tanglin Club – Rock Around the Clock Dinner
Muhd Firhad Bin Azhar, Eagle 8B and Mohamed Rais Mohamed Raimi, Eagle 7B performed at the Tanglin Club on 13 May 2017.
SMRT’s 30 Years of Giving Appreciation Dinner
Our students attended SMRT’s 30 Years of Giving Appreciation Dinner and represented CPAS for the “Gift of Mobility” launch.
Lum Yuan Ting Rachael, Eagle 10A
Chong Zai Ping Linus, Eagle 8B
Lam Hong Yolk Elijah, Eagle 9A
Cheong Nur Faidisha Qistina, Eagle 2B
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore’s Diamond Jubilee
CPAS 60th Anniversary Celebration and Launch of Singapore Cerebral Palsy Registry
Eileen Tan, Owl 1A, Rosemarie Georgiana Oxley, Eagle 7A and Ong Ziwei Jerryl, Eagle 8B performed at the finale of the CPAS Diamond Jubilee Charity Dinner.
Athletes’ Achievement Awards and Appreciation Reception
Students from the CCA Performing Arts performed for Singapore’s Asean Para Games 2017 athletes, taking the stage during the Athletes’ Achievement Awards and Appreciation Reception on 25 October 2017 at Suntec City.
Children’s Charities Association of Singapore (CCA) Fair 2017
Students from the CCA Performing Arts will be performing at the Children’s Charities Association of Singapore (CCA) Fair 2017 on 11 November 2017.
CPAS Graduation Night
Students from the CCA Performing Arts will be performing at the CPAS Graduation Night on 17 November 2017.
Achievements in 2016
Our performers shone at the following events!
- Aerospace Partners Golf Tournament 2016
- CPAS Inaugural Charity Dinner ‘I Believe: An Evening of Possibilities’
- Saturday Night Fever @ Tanglin Club
- World Cerebral Palsy Day 2016