Special Arts CCA
Special Arts offers students with interest in art to learn useful skills from our art instructor, Mr Patrick Yee.
It provides a platform for students to showcase their talent and expand their knowledge in art and art-making through different media by means of painting, mosaic making, silk printing, 3-D sculpture with clay & paper mache, etc.
Students also embark on field trips to art exhibitions of local and overseas artists to build their appreciation and awareness of art around them.
1. Develop hand-eye co-ordination
2. Provide opportunities for creative and artistic expression
3. Improve skills pertaining to colouring, folding, cutting and pasting
4. Develop student’s skills and creativity through involvement in painting, sculpture and craftwork
1. Be able to follow and carry out instructions
2. Have good hand functions
3. Have passion for and interest in art
4. Not display any major behavioural issues
Achievements in 2017
Students in the Special Arts CCA participated in the Arts Jamming Event on 11 March 2017. This event was held at the Red Box as part of the Youth Corps Service Week (11- 18 March 2017). Students had the opportunity to create art pieces together with the Guest of Honour, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, Ms Grace Fu and students from other schools.
CPAS School Open House
Students helped to raise funds for CPAS by placing their art pieces up for sale during the CPAS School Open House on 12 May 2017.
VSA’s 15th Annual Art Competition for Children and Youths with Disabilities
Four art pieces submitted by our CCA Special Arts students for Very Special Arts (VSA)’s 15th Annual Art Competition for Children and Youths with Disabilities were selected as commendable entries.
These entries were showcased at an Art Exhibition held at Forum the Shopping Mall from 15 to 24 September 2017.
Congratulations to our budding artists, Muhd Irfan Mustaqim Bin Abdul Jalil from Eagle 5A, Mohamed Aiman Bin Abdullah from Eagle 6A, Siti Raudhah Jamaludin from Eagle 8A and Muhd Amzar Bin Mohamad Azahar from Eagle 8B.
Achievements in 2016
Our students participated in the following projects:
- “Make A Wish, Make A Change” Art Competition by Very Special Arts Singapore
- SPED Conference 2016
- National Library Board: Designing Embossed Cards
- Singapore Education Board: Collaterals Design
Other contributions include:
- Creating tokens of appreciation for special events and guests of honour
- Photographs of some art pieces were featured in the opening ceremony of the Asean Para Games
Artworks by Keertana, Norrnazmi, Rajkiran & Siti have been selected for an exhibition at Forum the Shopping Mall from 23 September to 2 October 2016.