Audiology clinic conducts hearing screening and diagnostic testing for individuals with hearing related issues. Individuals with Cerebral Palsy are prone to have middle ear infections due to their difficulties in feeding & swallowing. This calls for a need to monitor the middle ear status of these individuals. Early identification of middle ear conditions(s) is essential to treat and prevent hearing loss in them. Hearing also might deteriorate due to ageing in these individuals similar to the typical population.
Therefore, periodical hearing evaluation is required for individuals with Cerebral Palsy and other associated conditions.
Functions of the Clinic:
Provides services such as
- Behavioural Observation Audiometry (BOA) for assessing the hearing acuity in infants and children, using reflexive and orientating responses to sound
- Conditioned Play Audiometry (CPA) to test the hearing acuity in children using conditioned responses to sound by engaging in play-oriented activities
- Conventional Audiometry to assess hearing sensitivity through a specific response (such as hand-raising or button pushing) to an acoustic stimulus
- Aided Audiometry for individuals using hearing amplification system (i.e., Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants)
- Tympanometry and Acoustic Reflex Threshold (ART) for identifying the middle ear problems
- Oto Acoustic Emission (OAE) for screening the inner ear function
Referrals to the Clinic:
Referrals can be made for individuals with hearing difficulty by an Allied Health Professional, doctors, parents and teachers within the association through the (Referral Form).
Monday to Thursday (8:30am – 4:00pm)
Testing will be done only through prior appointments through referral.
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Speech and Language Pathology Department
Level 3, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore
Fax: 6585 5603
e-mail : email@example.com