Established in 1957, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore aims to empower children and adults with cerebral palsy and multiple disabilities to realise their full potential and to lead a life of dignity.
CPAS has a culture that fosters empowerment and aspiration. It’s a unique environment in which employees can be part of creating something new, while enjoying the proven infrastructure of a solid, successful Voluntary Welfare Organisation. We need employees who are diverse in ethnicity, thinking and educational and professional backgrounds —so we foster a culture that is inclusive and celebrates a wide range of opinions and ideas.
Helping employees reach their potential is part of who we are. This is our commitment and promise to everyone who works at CPAS. Whether we’re helping employees gain further education through tuition assistance or providing professional development, many opportunities exist. In addition, we have review discussions in which we outline development opportunities and help our people understand their growth paths and what it takes to achieve success.
We are privileged to receive The NS Mark Accreditation for supporting the National Service by implementing pro-National Service policies and human resource practices.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team and, when we find them, we make it our responsibility to help them realise their full potential. We invite aspiring and talented individuals to join us as:
The role of a Teacher Aide is to support the teacher in the classroom to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioral objectives for the students.
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioural objectives.
- Work with class students as assigned relief teacher in the absence of the class teacher.
- Lift, move, and operate adaptive equipment.
- Assist students with personal care tasks, including lavatory, clothing, hygiene, diapering, toileting, and wash-up routines.
- Assist students with mobility needs such as, lifting and positioning students, lifting in and out of wheelchairs; loading and unloading on the bus; transporting students in and around the school and on field trips.
- Monitor students so as to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
- Assist students during snack time.
- Perform work-related assignment as required, such as events, CCAs, and PLTs, etc.
- At least 3 GCE “O” level passes. (include English & Maths)
- A Certificate In Educational Studies is preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- A Heart to serve in the special needs sector.
Provide assistance to Physiotherapy department in the area of therapy service, equipment maintenance and administrative support under the guidance of Deputy and HOD.
- Provide individual and group therapy under the supervision of the physiotherapists.
- Participate in therapy related activities for the clients.
- Provide administrative support to the department and therapists.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety standards.
- Assist and support of to any Training programme organized by the Department.
- Participate in other activities organised by the Department, Association or School.
- Minimum GCE “N” or ‘O’ level passes (HMI Certificate preferred)
- Outgoing, confident, friendly, presentable appearance and pleasant disposition
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (MS Word, Excel & Power Point)
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector
To conceptualize, execute and manage social media platforms including Facebook, produce corporate and publicity materials and manage CPAS’s website under the supervision of the Head of Department.
- Drive and execute the social media strategy; build an impactful presence on channels like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist in managing CPAS’s internal and external communication channels, which includes drafting of press releases, articles, speeches, letters and appeals in compliance with brand guidelines.
- Conceptualize and produce publicity and marketing materials for the organization.
- Manage media enquiries and requests; facilitate interviews and craft responses that are in line with CPAS’s values.
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising plans and initiatives.
- Manage social media marketing and engaging corporate partners.
- Any other duties related to the department as assigned.
- Diploma/Degree in Mass Communication with focus on social media marketing / communications.
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience.
- Good understanding and use of various social media platforms.
- Basic IT and creative design skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Competent in WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends during events.
The role of a SPED Senior Teacher is to mentor and guide SPED teachers and teacher aides in the planning, design and development of the SPED curriculum to deliver customised lessons to help students with special needs to learn and achieve their learning objectives.
The SPED Senior Teacher provides leadership and guidance in the School Management Team to guide the staff in effective implementation of school processes to achieve the School Vision and Mission.
The areas of purview under the ST amongst others, include the following broad areas:
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates the Total Learning Plan for the staff (both Teachers & Teacher Aides (TAs))
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates the Induction Programme for new staff
- Acts as Cooperating Teacher (CT) for teachers undergoing Diploma in Special Education (DISE) course practicum
- Serves as a mentor to Teachers and TAs
- Models leading practices in curriculum, pedagogy and assessment in facilitating learner development in the teachers
- Devotes time to observe lesson delivery to improve teachers’ pedagogical skills
- Guides teachers in assessing the developmental needs of students to develop learning goals and plans for the holistic and optimal development of each student
- Assist Head of Programme/Functional Programme in guiding teachers in the development of the Functional Programme curriculum and assessment especially in the area of literacy
- Provide guidance as a Supervisor to a selected group of Teacher Aides
- Trained as a SPED teacher (Diploma in Special Education)
- Has a few years of experience in the role of a SPED Senior Teacher
- Demonstrates good knowledge in area of work and competent in performing the role
- Demonstrates abilities in mentoring and coaching of junior teachers / teacher aides to ensure high standards of professionalism in service delivery
- A good team player and exemplary in his/her role at all times
- A Heart to serve in the special needs sector.
Maintain a high standard of the training and care of all clients and of the DAC activities, premises and Facilities.
The responsibilities of the DAC Warden are described below. This job description can be revised periodically, subject to the needs of the organisation.
- Assist Training Officer (TO) in basic hygiene/sanitary care duties and looking after clients.
- Assist in the general supervision of clients, ensuring the general welfare of the clients.
- Assist clients to board and disembark from vans.
- Assist in movement of clients from one activity to the next.
- Assist in the feeding of clients.
- Ensure that DAC rules pertaining to personal safety, work hazards and prescribed training procedures are observed by staff and clients.
- Carry out proper and regular housekeeping of work site and facilities; perform regular equipment maintenance duties, and ensure cleanliness and tidiness of work and storage areas.
- Report to the TO on all matters concerning the welfare, safety, and security of clients.
- Work as a team and participate positively and actively in the quality service delivery in line with the mission, goals and objectives of the Association.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the DAC Executive and Manager.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be able to converse in simple English.
- Have a compassionate and patient personality.
- Experience in working with persons with special needs is an added advantage
To plan, develop and implement effective fundraising/donor management strategies to meet the fundraising/donor management targets. Build and maintain strong community and corporate partnership. Assist in shaping the overall strategy of the organization and driving forward new initiatives to ensure sustainability. This is a new position as the team is expanding.
- Create, develop and execute compelling marketing initiatives with the goal of driving fundraising and advocate for the cause of CPAS.
- Build relationships with key donors and engage them on a long term basis.
- Develop and implement community engagement plans.
- Drive events to ensure smooth delivery of activities and seek out giving opportunities.
- Engage stakeholders and integrate volunteers into suitable programs.
- Monitor KPIs across projects and measure the effectiveness of the activities.
- Curate suitable campaigns/projects to raise awareness of Cerebral Palsy and CPAS and advocate for an inclusive society.
- Possess a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working/comparable experience in the area of sales, key-client solutions, fundraising and/or events management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & PowerPoint) & Photoshop CS.
- Possess copywriting skill, with strong interpersonal and able to pitch for resources/support.
- Be a team member with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, results-driven, highly organized and self-motivated; enjoys start-up environment.
- Possess a Degree from a relevant discipline or its equivalent.
- Prior exposure to the social service sector through volunteering would be helpful.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and committed to working with a diverse staff.
- Able to create and maintain effective administrative systems and processes.
- Able to think strategically and innovatively.
- Committed to high standards, professional and conscientious approach.
- Flexible working attitude and adaptable.
- Flexibility to work occasional unsocial hours, weekends, evenings and travel - as required.
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector.
To assist HRM on NCSS People Practice Consultancy Organisation Value Proposition Project.
- Assist to prepare proposal, documents, forms and communication slides for the project
- Liaise with Department Heads on the roll-out schedule
- Co-ordinate communicate sessions for the project roll-out
- Organise OVP Design Workshop for Leaders
- Organise OVP Validation for key employees
- Assist with refining Job Descriptions with OVP
- Assist with OVP collaterals review and project implementation
- Work with AMD to align OVP plans with career site
- Work with AMD to create new content on social media platforms to advertise and align OVP
- Devise communication plans for implementation of OVP
- Diploma / Degree in Human Resource Management and/or Marketing.
- Have some relevant working experience related to Human Resource or Marketing with project management experience OR Fresh graduate in Human Resource Management or Marketing with project management experience.
- Possess a positive mindset and able to overcome difficulties to achieve desired results.
- Resilient, able to manage multiple priorities at the same time and meet tight deadlines.
- Constantly maintain objective and highly confidential matters whilst interacting with stakeholders and Staff.
- Service orientated, client focused and a strong team member.
- Committed to high standards, adopts a professional and conscientious approach.
- Good spoken / written English and Mandarin.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Applications such as Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some prior working experience in a Social Service Agency or similar industry is preferred.
- Conduct behavioural interventions such as emotional and behaviour management for children that hinder with learning.
- Conduct standardised and non-standardised, dynamic testing /initial screening assessment, progress monitoring, and relevant assessments to inform suitable placement (educational or vocational) to early intervention & Special school children
- Monitor intervention goals, plan and outcome for class or individual intervention
- Guide staff and parents in implementing emotional, learning and behavioural interventions, customised to needs of individual student
- Provide consultations to parents/caregivers/teachers
- Conduct parenting/ social skills/therapeutic groups for children and parent’s
- Conduct training for staff
- Participate in research and programme evaluation projects
- Keep proper records of all assessments, interventions.
- Maintain inventory of department and make recommendations for purchases of new materials and equipment.
- Participate actively in sub-committee meetings/Projects (some of which include Case & Review sub-committee & Professional Sub-committee etc) or any ad-hoc project
- Assist HOD in the administration of the department.
- Undertake any other responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary and beneficial for the Association to attain its Mission and Vision.
- A Master Degree in Educational/Clinical/Developmental/Applied Psychology.
- Relevant clinical experience with children and adolescents preferred
- Conversant in learning, emotion and social development skills, child development and classroom management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary team
- Eligible for full membership with Singapore Psychological Society or registration with the Singapore Register of Psychologists or Eligible for registration with APHRA/ HCPC/ APA
- Assess, identify and implement Therapy Programs for students, infants, children and adults with special needs which include cognitive and functional rehabilitation.
- Evaluate, document clients’ occupational therapy needs; monitor and evaluate their progress against outcome management tools.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to provide holistic treatment for all clients with cerebral palsy condition.
- Supervise and train school teachers/teacher assistants, therapy assistants, caregiver and volunteers
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from a recognized university
- 2 years of experience in paediatric for the physically and cognitively challenged
- Able to assess, diagnose, recommend and plan speech-language treatment programs for clients.
- Implement individual and/or group therapy sessions.
- Manage a range of diagnosis, including Cerebral Palsy, ASD, GDD, speech and language delay, multiple disabilities, etc.
- Work collaboratively with therapists, teachers and families to meet client’s needs.
- Be involved in conducting parent/ caregiver training and in-services.
- Continual professional development through workshops and conferences.
- Participate in advocacy and outreach activities and programmes.
- Opportunities to work in the Feeding & Swallowing Clinic & AT Clinic will be provided.
- Bachelor degree in Speech-Language Pathology or accredited university recognized by Allied Health Professions Council, Singapore.
- Preferably at least two years of experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of verbal and written English.
- Strong commitment and motivation to work in Interdisciplinary settings.
- Preferably a member in the Speech And Language Therapy Singapore (SALTS).
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector.
- Assessment, Identification & Implementation of Therapy Programmes.
- Involve in individual and group activity programmes conducted for children in special school setting.
- Sheltered Workshop to monitor and evaluate clients functional abilities and make recommendations regarding clients’ suitability for employment.
- Administration to ensure that efficient physiotherapy records of clientele are kept in proper record.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team in integrating the clients into the community.
- Ensure that all physiotherapy equipment are maintained regularly by regular servicing and repair when deemed necessary
- Supervise daily routine of Physiotherapy support staff
- Provide on-the-job training to Physiotherapy support staff
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Pediatric Rehabilitation to provide Early Intervention Program therapy services
- Obtained Full or Restricted Registration and a valid Practicing License with the Singapore Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
- Member of Singapore Physiotherapy Association
- A heart to serve in the special needs sector